Thursday, June 24, 2010

Legends, Lore, and Lies

Today, I'm pretty sure I found out one of my best friends lied to me. It was such a dumb lie. It was a lie about himself to make himself look cooler... I guess? It just hurts because he should know that I would never judge him. In fact, the truth seems something more to be respected than this lie.

The worst part is that he lied to his twin brother too. His brother loves him more than probably anyone. It just breaks my heart. Oh, did I mention that his brother is kind of my boyfriend? Yeah. I don't know if I should tell him. I kept his lie a secret from our friends, but his brother is a different story. A part of me feels like he has a right to know, and another part of me feels like maybe I should leave it alone. I just don't understand why he has to make up things like this, especially to the people to whom he is closest.

Lies are dirty, dirty things. They may give off good impressions, but when they reveal themselves, it's ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment